Enjoy Same Day Delivery for Orders before 3pm!*
DOWNLOAD TO ENJOY $5 OFF (PROMO CODE: TAKE5OFF) YOUR FIRST PURCHASE. T&C APPLIES
You're changing shipping destination and will be directed to another site.
Here are some tips to prevent morning sickness and backaches during pregancy.
• Eat many small meals throughout the day to avoid an empty stomach
• Eat simple snacks or soda crackers 15 minutes before getting out of bed in the morning
• Eat whatever you feel like eating, whenever you feel you can
• Keep yourself well-hydrated with small sips of water throughout the day
• Use hot or cold packs to alleviate backache but never apply direct heat on the abdomen
• Exercise regularly to strengthen the back muscles
• Get fresh air. A walk or an open window might ease your nausea
• Maintain proper posture to relieve the strain on the spine
• Don't lie down after eating, as it can slow digestion and cause reflux
• Don't slouch, as it puts pressure on the spine; wearing a support belt helps
• Don't skip meals
• Don't ignore severe pain over an extended period of time
• Don't cook or eat hot and spicy food
• Don't consume food that over-stimulates your sense of smell
Photo courtesy of Thinkstock. This article first appeared in NATURA magazine issue No.12.
A truly collaborative approach between Western science and TCM is pregnant with possibilities for couples struggling to conceive.
Babies up six months of age should be fed breast milk exclusively, but what should they consume when they grow older?
Three in four pregnant women experience morning sickness during their first trimester. Find out why and how to alleviate the discomfort.
A simple recipe to add the herbal goodness of Bak Foong Pills to your dinner.