Enjoy Same Day Delivery for Orders before 3pm!*
DOWNLOAD TO ENJOY $5 OFF (PROMO CODE: TAKE5OFF) YOUR FIRST PURCHASE. T&C APPLIES
You're changing shipping destination and will be directed to another site.
Whether you’re 25 or 55, ageing is a natural process that every woman goes through, but few are aware of the many ways you can age gracefully and beautifully.
According to TCM, a woman starts to show initial signs of ageing, such as sallowness in the face and hair loss, in her mid-30s. By her early 40s, she will develop further signs of ageing, including sagging skin and greying hair.
If ageing is truly a natural and inevitable process, is there a way to slow it down?
Here are some anti-ageing secrets every woman should know, so you can enjoy life at any age. Incorporate TCM in your daily beauty routines and maintain an active mind, healthy skin and body with proper treatment, adequate nourishment and a positive lifestyle change.
To keep the skin looking young, nourish the Heart, Spleen and Lungs. There are herbs which help to maintain a youthful and healthy complexion, and therefore help fight the signs of ageing.
• Chinese herbs: Ganoderma Mushroom (Lingzhi, 灵芝), Ginseng (Renshen, 人参), Chinese Wolfberries (Gouqizi, 枸杞子), Red Dates (Hongzao, 红枣), Chinese Angelica (Danggui, 当归), Fleeceflower Root (Heshouwu, 何首乌), White Fungus (Baimuer, 白木耳), Lily Bulbs (Baihe, 百合), Bird’s Nest (Yanwo, 燕窝).
To prevent hair loss and premature greying, tonify the Kidneys and the Liver. Tonifying refers to balancing the energy or Qi in one’s body, which is necessary when there is deficiency. Hair that is thick and glossy reflects the state of your Liver and Kidneys, which are interrelated and responsible for major ageing signs.
• Chinese herbs: Glossy Privet Fruits (Nvzhenzi, 女贞子), Fleeceflower Root (Heshouwu, 何首乌), Black Sesame Seeds (Heizima, 黑芝麻), Chinese Angelica (Danggui, 当归), Cordyceps (Dongcongxiacao, 冬虫夏草), Lingzhi, Cnidium (Chuanxiong, 川芎), and Prepared Rehmannia Root (Shoudihuang, 熟地黄).
To maintain a healthy mental state, nourish the Heart, invigorate the Spleen and sooth the Liver. Keep your mind active and increase mental vitality by taking herbs which help to promote a healthy body.
• Herbs that nourish the heart and invigorate the spleen: Chinese Dates (Dazao, 大枣), Poria (Fuling, 茯苓), and Longan Fruit.
• Herbs that soothe the liver: Hare’s Ear Root (Chaihu, 柴胡), White Peony Root(Baishao, 白芍), and Gambir Plant (Gouteng,钩藤).
Fortify the spleen and promote Qi production to prevent early signs of ageing – these can include weakness of the limbs, a sallow complexion, pale lips, puffy eyes and sagging skin.
• Chinese herbs: Longan Fruit (Longyanrou, 龙眼肉), White Peony Root (Baishao, 白芍), Chinese Angelica (Danggui, 当归), Codonopsis Root (Dangshen, 党参), and White Atractylodes (Baizhu, 白术).
If you're serious about turning back the clock, try these natural tips.
Popcorn has anti-ageing properties, but it has to be prepared healthily first.
While ageing cannot be stopped or reversed, it can be slowed down.
Tips to boost longevity and help you live a life that is more fulfilling and enjoyable.